As a specialty surgical hospital, customized care is our priority.
Whether yours is a brief visit for onsite testing or a surgical journey that will take some time, we want you and your visitors to feel welcomed and at ease from start to finish.
Registration: What You Need
During the registration process, our friendly desk staff will confirm details regarding your procedure and also verify your insurance.
So we can keep the process quick and simple, please have the following on hand when you arrive at the registration desk:
- Photo ID
- Primary Insurance Card
- Secondary Insurance Card (if applicable)
Please note: Your insurance company may have set admission requirements for you and/or your treating physician, which may include pre-authorization or a physician referral. If not met, these could affect or eliminate your reimbursement.
Online Patient Portal Registration
To register for an online patient portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth, and phone number. One of our registration staff members will contact you with secure sign-on instructions.
Preparing For Your Visit
Knowledge of what’s to come is perhaps the best way to prepare for your visit to Aspen Mountain Medical Center.
Our staff will provide the insight and instruction you need to become an active contributor in your own recovery and are happy to answer your questions about next steps and best options.
Please arrive at the facility one hour before your scheduled procedure start time.
At least two days before your procedure, your referring physician will let you know if there are any pre-surgery instructions to follow. These may include special directions for washing the night before, or how to prepare yourself the day of.
We ask that you follow all physician instructions closely; not doing so could lead to your procedure being rescheduled.
Lab and Imaging Patients
Please arrive at the facility 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. For walk-in patients, please verify whether pre-certification is required for testing.
The day before or the day of your appointment, your physician will let you know if there are any special preparations or dietary instructions to consider.
We ask that you follow all physician instructions closely; not doing so could lead to your appointment being rescheduled.
Pre- and Post-Op: What to Expect
Here’s what to expect in the days leading up to your procedure, as well as on the day of:
- Before your procedure, a representative of Aspen Mountain Medical Center will call to confirm your appointment time and take note of your current medications, allergies and any medical conditions.
- One of our nurses will let you know what time you should stop eating and drinking before your procedure. Keep in mind that failure to comply with these instructions may result in your procedure being rescheduled.
- If you currently take any prescription or over-the-counter medications, check with your physician on whether you should take them the day of surgery.
- Be mindful of your health the week before your surgery. If you note any changes, such as a fever, cold or other ailments, let your physician know right away, as your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
- Female patients should notify our facility staff if they suspect they may be pregnant.
On the day of surgery:
- Unless otherwise instructed, bathe normally on the morning of your surgery, and wash and dry your hair. Do not use any kind of styling product, make-up, lotion, perfume or nail polish.
- Do not wear or bring with you any items of high value, including rings, watches or other jewelry.
- If you wear any type of prosthesis, including contacts or dentures, bring a case in which to store them during surgery, as you will have to remove them.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that you can change easily into and out of. When you arrive at the hospital, you will change into the provided gown and slippers.
- Please arrive promptly, as instructed, to allow for all admissions procedures, medical history review and questions you may have.
Family and Friend Accommodations
Here at Aspen Mountain, we recognize family and friends as key contributors in the patient journey— particularly during the recovery process, when patients may need extra assistance and care.
We invite all visitors to enjoy our cozy waiting area as they wait for loved ones during surgery. Settle in next to the roaring fireplace and enjoy your fill of:
- Complementary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, spa water, and snack items
You can also enjoy gourmet selections for breakfast and lunch at the Three Patches Café, conveniently located right here in our facility.
Additional on-site amenities include:
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cable TV
- Convenient visiting hours
Below is a list of nearby lodging options. When making your reservations, be sure to ask for discounted hospital rates.
Homewood Suites ($119)
60 Winston Dr.
Rock Springs, WY 82901
Hampton Inn ($92)
1901 Dewar Drive
Rock Springs, WY 82901
Holiday Inn ($89)
1675 Sunset Blvd
Rock Springs, WY 82901